I love making a big batch of this tzatziki sauce because it can be used in so many different ways. I use in pitas, as salad dressing, as a veggie dip, and as a topping for baked potatoes. It’s a really versatile sauce!
|Active time||Rest time||Total Time|
|20 minutes||1 day||About 1 day|
- 32 oz plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 medium Cucumbers, peeled and shredded
- 6 cloves Garlic, pressed
- 4 fl. oz. Olive Oil
- 2 medium Lemons, juiced
- 2 tsp. Dill
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh ground Black Pepper
- In a large bowl add the olive oil and pressed garlic.
- Add the lemon juice and lightly whisk together.
- In a separate shallow bowl use a fine cheese grater to shred the cucumber. Put the shredded cucumber in a kitchen or tea towel to remove most of the liquid. Allow a few minutes to drain.
- In the first bowl add the greek yogurt, dill, salt, and pepper.
Whisk the ingredients together and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
- Using a spatula fold in the shredded cucumber until evenly distributed.
- Place in a storage container and refrigerate for about a day. This will allow the garlic to mellow out and the flavors to meld together.