This is another meal I like to make in my pressure cooker. This curry is sweet, spicy, and very tasty! This recipe is vegan, but you could easily add chicken if you like. I like to serve the curry over rice, but you can also serve it over some leafy greens.
|Active Time||Inactive Time||Total Time|
|30 minutes||22 minutes||52 minutes|
- 12 oz red lentils
- 12 oz golden raisins
- 28 fl oz crushed tomatoes
- 4 medium bell peppers, chopped
- 3 serrano peppers, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 6 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp ginger, diced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Turn on the saute mode for the pressure cooker and heat the olive oil. When the oil has heated up, add the chopped onion. Saute for 5-7 minutes, until softened. Add the chopped bell peppers & mustard seed and saute for another 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, serrano peppers, turmeric, cumin, and cayenne pepper and saute for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the water to the pot, then turn off saute mode. Add the crushed tomatoes, red lentils, and Kosher salt to the pot. Stir the pot until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Add the lid to pressure cooker and make sure the vent is sealed. Set the pot to cook for 12 minutes on low pressure. When the timer is up, let the pot cool naturally for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Add the golden raisins to the pot and stir.
- Serve the curry over rice or greens with about 1 tbsp coconut cream and cilantro to taste.